Rilwan Adebola Fashina
Head, Public Relations
A chartered member of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (mnipr), Registered Practitioner of Advertising (rpa), member Nigerian Institute of Management (mnim), member Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators Nigeria (micmc), and associate member of the Direct Marketing Association of Nigeria (adm) with a background in television news and current affairs reporting, production and presentation has been in Public Relations and Advertising practice since 1985 in both the private and public sectors in Nigeria.
The 1985 graduate of Mass Communication from Ogun State Polytechnic, holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Total Quality Management from the University of Lagos and an MBA in Integrated Marketing Communications from the Lagos State University. He is a certified and practicing Factory Inspector and an ISO Quality Management Systems Auditor.
Worked in the Public Relations Department of Savannah Bank Nig. Plc for 11 years severally as Publications Officer, Public Relations Officer and rose to the position of Deputy Manager/Deputy Head of Public Relations.
Joined the Standards Organisation of Nigeria in July 2000 and has held several appointments such as;
- Head, Public Relations Unit – July 2000 – April 2011
- Member Editorial Advisory Board, Standards & Quality Journal – 2004
- Member, Organizing Committee, 1st SON Int. Conference, Abuja – 2004
- Editor-In-Chief, SON News (Quarterly) – 2002 – 2011
- Supervising Editor, “Acceptable Standards” weekly on AIT –2005 – 2009
- Head, Marketing Unit – April 2011 – March 2014
- State Coordinator, Ekiti – April 2014 – Dec. 2015
- Group Head, Publicity, Standards Development Dept. – April 2014 – Date
- Project Officer 11, (Tech. Sec.) General Services Level Standards, ARSO Technical Harmonization Committee – June 2015 – Date
- Head, M & E, Management Systems Certification – 2015 – Sept. 2016
- SA (Information and Strategy) to Ag. DG/CE – – Sept. 2016
- Special Assistant to DG/CE – 2016 – Sept. 2020
- Editor-in-Chief, Standards News – 2016 – Date
- Supervising Editor,“Standard & You” on NTA Network – 2016 – Date
- Head, Public Relations Unit – 2017 to Date
- Developed the concept and implementation of the annual SON Walk for Standards – 2003 – Date
Mr. Fashina’s hobbies include soccer, athletics, reading and kick boxing. He’s married with 3 Children.
Telephone:+2348023191644 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com