The Standards Organisation of Nigeria Management Systems Certification Directorate (MSC) commenced certification in 1994 as Systems Certification arm of SON.
In order to ensure the provision of quality services, the Directorate conduct its activities in line with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021 2015 standard.
Third party certification services are provided to organisations that have established, implemented and maintain a management system that conforms to the requirements of the applicable management system standard. SON ensures that the personnel performing work related to the certification including auditors and teams for making certification decisions are competent and experienced.
The scope of services provided by the Directorate for certification of organisations to management systems standards are:
- ISO 9001-Quality Management Systems Requirements
- ISO 14001-Environmental Management Systems Standard
- ISO 45001 -Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System Standard
- Integrated Management System