- Policy and Planning Division
- Monitoring and Evaluation Division.
- Research and Statistics Division
POLICY AND PLANNING DIVISION
The Policy and Planning Division is essentially responsible for the development review, articulation, analysis, projection and implementation of short, medium and long-term development plans of the Organisation to ensure effective and efficient Standardisation activities and Quality Assurance Services in Nigeria. The Division is headed by Deputy Director or the most senior Officer; and it performs the following functions of the Department:
- Participate in the development and review of the Federal Government Policies as it relates to Standardisation, Quality Assurance and Metrology.
- Coordinate the development of SON’s strategic Plan towards Standardisation and Quality Assurance.
- Coordinate the development, review and implementation of Annual work plan by the Organisation.
- Preparation of the Organization’s quarterly and annual progress report
- Compile and publish relevant data resulting from performance of functions of the Organisation
MONITORING AND EVALUATION DIVISION
This Division is in charge of performance tracking, review and verification of compliance to procedures of all activities and Programs undertaken by the Organisation. The division is headed by Deputy Director or the most senior officer and performs the following functions of the Department:
- To review Policies, Processes, Programs and the activities of the departments/units in line with the overall objectives of the Organisation.
- Carryout periodic/planned Monitoring & Evaluation inspections to asses and verify at various stages, the effectiveness and performance of all SON development plans, programs and activities in line with stipulated timelines where specified.
- To prepare and submit Evaluation Report to Management in order to reveal the degree of implementation and compliance of each process for management decision making.
- Compile and publish relevant Data resulting from performance of functions of the Organisation.
RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DIVISION
The Division is in charge of records and data management of the Organisation. It is made up of Statistics, Research and Documentation and is headed by Deputy Director or the most senior officer in the Division; and performs the following functions of the Department:
- Undertake and conduct research and statistics on the socio-economic impact of SON’s Programs in all areas of Standardisation, Quality Assurance, Conformity Assessment and Metrology; and raise recommendations to SON Management.
- Establish a harmonized and rationalized Organizational Framework for SON Data generation and dissemination.
- Produce, process, store and disseminate information on SON’s reliable Operational data.
- Carry out research into the Organization’s operational modalities to improve service delivery.
- Identify research opportunities and collaborate with key stakeholders on matters of research and statistics relating to Standardisation, Quality Assurance and Metrology.