Download Frequently Asked Questions about PAM Click HERE
STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA
PUBLIC NOTICE ON
PRODUCT AUTHENTICATION MARK (PAM)
In line with Section 5 of the SON Act No. 14 of 2015 to ensure the authenticity and traceability of products certified to have met the requirements of the relevant Nigeria Industrial Standards or other approved specifications in Nigeria, the Standards Organisation of Nigeria hereby notifies the general public of the introduction of PRODUCT AUTHENTICATION MARK on all imported products into Nigeria from the third quarter of 2019.
- To provide assurance to Nigerian Consumers on products and guarantee value for money
- To ensure effective control of non-complying products in the Nigerian Markets
- To protect genuine Importers from faking and product adulteration by ensuring that only SONCAP certified products are in the markets in the long run
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING PAM
Importers of SONCAP Certified products shall apply for issuance of PAM by completing an application form online, on SON website www.son.gov.ng.
- Application for PAM Stickers MUST be submitted before SON final clearance of the goods from the Ports of Entry.
- For MANCAP certified products, application for PAM (Voluntary) shall be submitted prior to the production of every batch of product with details of certification information. The Manufacturer shall provide half year estimated quantities of certified products retail/sales unit expected to be produced and pay for same.
APPLICATION OF PAM ON CERTIFIED PRODUCTS
Importers or their authorized representative shall affix the Product Authentication Mark (PAM) only on retail units of certified products as per the terms and conditions for use of the Marks.
If the placement of the PAM on retail unit is not possible, the Mark shall be affixed on a package containing two or more Retail Units provided the retail cost of a single unit shall not be more than NGN 50.00.
Any person, organization or other corporate body that affix PAM on a product not authorized to bear the Mark e.g. because there is no record of the product in question having been certified is liable for criminal action in accordance with the SON Act 14 of 2015 of Nigeria.
- Imported products already in the market can be sold without the new PAM up to 31st December 2019. No imported product subject to this regulation will be allowed for sale in Nigerian markets without the PAM after 31st December 2019.
- Importers with huge old stock likely to be in the market after the above dateline are advised to apply and acquire the new Product Authentication Mark from SON.
All enquiries and clarifications on the above notice should be directed to +2348077440255; +2348086475333; firstname.lastname@example.org
SON…improving life through Standards