The Standards Organisation of Nigeria Management Systems Certification Directorate (MSC) commenced certification in 1994 as Systems Certification arm of SON.
In order to ensure the provision of quality services, the Directorate conduct its activities in line with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021 2015 standard.
Third party certification services are provided to organisations that have established, implemented and maintain a management system that conforms to the requirements of the applicable management system standard. SON ensures that the personnel performing work related to the certification including auditors and teams for making certification decisions are competent and experienced.
The scope of services provided by the Directorate for certification of organisations to management systems standards are:
- ISO 9001-Quality Management Systems Requirements
- ISO 14001-Environmental Management Systems Standard
- OHSAS BS 18001 -Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System Standard
- Integrated Management System
SON-MSC QUALITY POLICY
MSC is committed to providing quality Certification services by:
- Complying with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021 2015
- Understanding and exceeding the needs and expectations of our clients
- Using validated procedures and equipment
- Remain competitive while satisfying our Clients
The top management of SON has provided and will continue to provide a safe and conducive environment suitable to enable it consistently achieve clients satisfaction.
SON-MSC QUALITY OBJECTIVES
The quality objectives set to realize the Quality Policy are:
- Efficient and prompt service delivery to clients
- Ensuring prompt resolution of all Client’s complaints
- Regular updating of its auditors knowledge and skills
Director (MSC) oversees certification activities on behalf of SON Management.
MSC Directorate operates in two broad departments namely:
- Monitoring and evaluation: responsible for quality of service and auditors competence. (QC & AEM)
- Operations: handles interaction with Clients in two broad groups (QMS & Other Standards). Clients are scheduled in any of the six divisions below as appropriate:
- QMS Group:
- Oil & Gas
- Other Standards Group:
- Food, Medicament and related products (QMS & FSMS)
- Environmental Management System (EMS & QMS)
- Multisystem and Integrated System (OHSAS & IMS)
- QMS Group: