The finance and accounts directorate is charged with the responsibilities of ensuring provision of efficient financial services at all times, meet the demand of our customers promptly, in line with financial regulations and federal government extant rules/circulars and maintain complete and accurate financial records.
Core functions include:
- To ensure all accounts are properly posted and reconciled by affected Units.
- To prepare management accounts on quarterly/annual basis.
- To correct all errors discovered in the accounts on daily basis.
- To liaise with third parties on issues relating to the Accounts.
- To ensure staff salaries records are accurate and updated promptly.
- To ensure all pensioners benefits are properly calculated and paid promptly.
- To ensure that proper records are kept at all times.
- To ensure all salaries issues of each month are finalized latest 15th of next month.
- Handling of National Housing Fund Scheme for all staff.
- To ensure all advances are properly documented and recorded.
- To make sure all taxes are properly deducted and paid promptly to the appropriate tax Authority.
- To ensure all advances (imprest, state and regional allocations and cash advances) are retired promptly.
- To ensure Cash Advance collected is retired within a stipulated period of seven (7) days with approved retirement.