A). Enforcement Operation
- Survey of markets to identify substandard products
- Proactive response to complaints sent to the unit
- Consumer complaint mediation in conjunction with Consumer Complaint and collaborate effect unit
- Informing the Public of the defective injurious products in conjunction with the Public Relations Unit
- Generating data on defective products/fraudulent importer
- Rectification of defective products in conjunction with relevant departments
- Prosecution of fraudulent importers
- Generation of revenue for SON operation through rectification handling fees/fines.
B). Ports and Border Operation
- SON is actively involved in import inspection of goods and quality assessment at the ports.
- The importance of this exercise is enormous, considering the economic and health/safety implications of influx of substandard goods into the country.
- SON has established her presence in virtually all the seaports and Lagos borders.
C). SUBSTANDARDS / DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS STATUS
- PRODUCTS BLACKLISTED / DESTROYED (Download PDF)
- PRODUCTS RECTIFIED (Download PDF)
- PRODUCTS DOWNGRADED (Download PDF)