In line with Part II, Section 4(d) of the SON Act No.14 of 2015, that mandates, the Standards Council of Nigeria to “authorize the recognition and registration of quality certification bodies, inspection bodies, testing laboratories, calibration laboratories and qualified personnel related to this activity area operating legally;” and Part III, Section 5 (s) of the SON Act No.14 of 2015, that highlight the duty of SON to “ establish a register for National Standards, Standard Marks, Certification Systems and Licences into which all matters relating to standards referred to under this Act shall be entered” to ensure authenticity and traceability of products and services in conformance to the requirements of the relevant Nigeria Industrial Standards or other approved specifications in Nigeria, the Standards Organisation of Nigeria hereby notifies the general public of the creation of the NATIONAL REGISTER FOR CONFORMITY ASSESSMENT PRACTITIONERS (NRCAP) for all conformity assessment practitioners.
- To offer recognition and visibility to Conformity Assessment Practitioners.
- To ensure effective monitoring of the activities of the Conformity Assessment Practitioners in the Nigerian Market.
- To ensure that Conformity Assessment Practitioners provide high-quality services to their customers.
- To protect competent Conformity Assessment Practitioners from unfair competition by ensuring that only qualified and registered Practitioners operate in this market in the country.
WHO TO REGISTER?
- Quality Product Inspectors
- Inspection Bodies
- Management System Auditors
- Management System Training providers,
- Management System Consultants
- Management System Certification Bodies
- Testing Laboratories and Calibration Laboratories
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION
Persons or Companies shall apply for registration by completing an application form online, on SON website www.son.gov.ng/nrcap ornrcap.son.gov.ng
In the alternative, copies of the completed form can be sent to any of the following email addresses
Note: For guidance on the procedure for registration, refer to, nrcap.son.gov.ng
The registration process has commenced and all the practitioners are expected to register within six (6) months.
ENGR. SHEHU IBRAHIM MAIK, PhD, fsi
For: Director-General/Chief Executive