MR. DAUDA YAKUBU, fsi – Ag. Director, Operations
Born 27th July 1962 in Kaduna State, Dauda Yakubu attended Government Secondary School Musawa 1981 and College of Advanced Studies Zaria (IJMBE), 1983 before proceeding to the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for a B.Sc. (Hon.) degree in Chemistry, 1986.
A fellow of the Security Institute, Mr. Yakubu holds a professional certificate in Marketing from the Kaduna Polytechnic, 1998; M.A. Peace and Strategic Studies, University of Ilorin 2015 and an M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry 2016 from ABU, Zaria.
He joined the services of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) as Standard Officer II in 1988 and has held many key positions including;
- Unit Head (Chemical Technology Department) Kaduna and Edo State Offices) 1992 – 2000
- Zonal Coordinator, Yola 2001-2003
- Enforcement Unit and Bonded Terminals, Operational Headquarters, Lagos 2003-2006
- Sectional Head, Quality Assurance, Chemical Technology Department, SON Operational Headquarters, Lagos 2003-2010
- Desk Officer, Product Registration & Market Survey, SON Operational Headquarters, Lagos 2006-2010
- Upgraded Katsina Border Operations office to the status of State Office – 2011-2012
- Regional Coordinator, North West, Kaduna 2012-2018
- Head, International Standardization Group – 2017 before his appointment as Ag. Director, Operations from 2018 till date
Mr. Yakubu has been actively involved in development and supervision of standards at national (Chemical and Allied Products), Regional (THC-12 ATM) and International (ISO TC 28,126 & 301) levels.
He is a Lead Auditor for ISO Quality and Environmental Management Systems Standards, has undertaken Chemical Risk Assessment Training 2010 and attended the Institute for Security Studies in 2014
The Ag. Director, Operations loves watching national geography, wild life and participating in recreational activities. He is married with children.