MRS. CHINYERE VIRGINIA EGWUONWU
Mrs. Chinyere V. Egwuonwu has a BSc. in Botany from the University of Port Harcourt and has an MSc. in Environmental Management Technology.
Mrs. Chinyere V. Egwuonwu is:
A Standardisation expert with over 30 years of experience, working in the areas of National, Regional, International standardisation and the commercial aspects of standards implementation. She has been involved in the elaboration and supervision of over 100 standards for Food, Agricultural Produce and Products, Service standards as well as other technical works in the area of standardisation and Quality Assurance at both local and international levels.
Spear–headed and coordinated the establishment of the first-ever Nigerian National Standardisation Strategy for 2020 to 2022
A Cochran fellow on International Trade Policy on Agricultural Products
Speaker/Key note speaker in national and Internationalconferences/symposia/workshops
A confident multi-tasking team player and a good motivator with excellent application of acquired skills with particular attention to details even when under pressure.
Mrs. Chinyere Egwuonwu has served/still serving on leadership and member capacity of several
- Current Chairperson ECOWAS Standards Technical Management Committee (TMC).
- Member ARSO Standards Management Committee (SMC)
- Project manager for Nigeria under the ACP-EU TBT programme on Capacity Building in Strengthening Product Testing Laboratories – for Nigeria
- Member Expert Group Work (EGW) on Evolution of African Standards Harmonisation Model (ASHAM).
- Vice Chairperson of the African Ecolabelling Mechanism (AEM)’s Standards Project Committee.
- Secretary, ECOWAS Technical Harmonisation Committee on Agricultural Products (THC1).
- Member National Steering Committee for the Nigerian National Quality Policy (NQP).
- Expert under SIS-ARSO-ECOWAS Joint Project.