- November 23, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News & Events
SON under its market surveillance activities has identified widespread faking of disposable shaving blades of popular brands like Bic, Gillete, Dorco, etc.
Shaving blades are personal grooming safety products with high risk of causing Skin infections.
SON in its effort to rid the market of this substandard disposable shaving blades carried out market surveillance activities and raids to markets in Niger, Nassarawa, Lagos and FCT.
Fake Dorco and Tilga disposable shaving blades were seized and the dealers are being profiled for prosecution.
A total of Forty million Naira (N40m) worth of fake and substandard disposable safety blades were seized.
SON uses this opportunity to inform consumers to only buy disposable shaving blades with:
- SON certification Mark (NIS)
- SON product registration Logo.
We assure the public of our continuous protection.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS WITH DISPOSABLE SHAVING BLADES
Disposable shaving blades are personal grooming safety products with high risk of causing skin bumps or pseudofolliculitis barbae. This is caused by growing hair. After hair has been shaved, it begins to grow back. Curly hair tends to curl into the skin instead of straight out of the follicle, leading to an inflammation or bump which if exposed can lead to infections.
HOW CAN INFECTIONS BE AVOIDED WHEN USING DISPOSABLE SHAVING BLADES
- Ensure that you purchase original/standard disposable shaving blades.
- Do not shave against hair grain.
- Minimize the use of multi-blade razors.
- Do not pull the skin while shaving.
- Shave regularly.
- Apply gentle pressure of the blade on the skin.
- Preparing the skin and hair before shaving by applying shaving cream or wetting hair for at least five minutes prior to shaving.
- Use aftershave
- Do not re-use blades more than necessary as they become dull and dirty.