STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA (SON)
The STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA (SON) is the apex standardization body in Nigeria.
SON was established by SON Act No. 14, 2015, which repeals the Standards Organisation of Nigeria Act, Cap 59 laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2004, and Enact the STANDARDS ORGANISATION OF NIGERIA Act. 2015 for the purpose of providing additional functions for the organisation, increasing penalty for violation, and for related matters.
This SON Act 2015 , has now replaced the Enabling Act No. 56 of 1971 which has three amendments: (Act No. 20 of 1978, Act No. 32 of 1984 and Act No. 18 of 1990).
The aims and objectives of the SON include:
- Preparation of standards relating to products, measurements, materials and processes among others, and their promotion at the national, regional and international levels;
- Certification of industrial products;
- Assistance in the production of quality goods;
- Improvement of measurement accuracy and circulation of information relating to standards.
Standards Council of Nigeria
The SON’s governing body is known as the Standards Council of Nigeria (hereinafter called the “Council”).
This is the policy-making body for supervising the administration and financial management of SON.
The Council is responsible for among other things:
- Advising the Federal Government of Nigeria generally on the national policy on standards;
- Standards specifications;
- Quality control and metrology;
- Designating, establishing and approving standards;
- Determining the overall policy of SON;
The Director-General of SON
The Director-General of SON is the Chief Executive, whose responsibilities revolve around the day-to-day administration of the organisation within the broad guidelines formulated by the Council.
Our Core Values
- Customer Focus
Why choose us
Travel and Aviation
Consultants ranked firms on a scale of one to 10, based on prestige, firm culture, work-life balance, compensation, and other factors.
We are a dynamic niche consulting firm that has been helping visionary financial services brands convey their true essence.
We have had to start competing on quality of life in a way that they never had to before — leading to higher ratings from consultants.
Energy and Environment
Engage with consumers and inspire the media — we ensure brands are seen and heard in all the right places.
We are a company that offers design and build services for you from initial sketches to the final construction.
& Logistics Consulting
The ConsultingWP firm scored highest for vacation policy, hours in the office, and overall satisfaction.
In 1990, ConsultingWP combined with Inception Analysis, Incorporated to strengthen its expertise in energy matters and opened its first office in Cupertino. Since then, the company has expanded throughout the United States and Europe to more than 300 people.
We know our clients’ brands inside and out to create bespoke campaigns that bring the brand story to life, engage with consumers and inspire the media.
- Work fewer hours & make money
- Phenomenal success in our target
- Retain, high-paying customers
- You’ll get more done in less time
- Leadership skills to manage team
- Generating millions of dollars