SON MSC shall take suitable action to deal with incorrect references to certification/registration or misleading use of Certificate found in advertisements, catalogues, etc. These include suspension or withdrawal of certificate, legal action and/or publication of the transgression.
SUSPENSION OF CERTIFICATE
A Certificate may be suspended by SON MSC for a limited period in cases such as the following:
- If corrective action Requests have not been satisfactorily complied with, within the designated time limit;
- If a case of misuse of the Certificate, is not corrected by suitable retractions or other appropriate remedial measures by the Certificate holder;
- If there has been any other contravention of the SON certification Terms and Conditions. The Certificate holder shall not identify as certified any product, process or service that has been offered under a suspended Certificate.
MSC will confirm in writing to the Certificate holder the suspension of a Certificate. At the same time, MSC shall indicate under which conditions the suspension will be removed. At the end of the suspension period, an investigation will be carried out to determine whether the indicated conditions for reinstating the Certificate have been fulfilled. On fulfillment of these conditions the suspension shall be lifted and the Certificate holder notified of the Certificate reinstatement. If the conditions are not fulfilled the Certificate shall be withdrawn.
WITHDRAWAL OF CERTIFICATE
MSC may withdraw a Certification and recall the Certificate for any of the following reasons:
- When the conditions for suspension have not been removed within the specified time period,
- If a surveillance audit reveals that nonconformities to the requirements are of a serious nature requiring immediate withdrawal as determined by the Certification Decision Committee,
- When formally requested by the Client,
- If the Client no longer supplies the product, process, or services for which they are registered and revision of the scope of registration is not possible,
- If the Certified Organization does not or cannot ensure conformance to new requirements when system requirements are changed, and/or
- If the Client fails to meet any other provisions of the contract between MSC and the Certified Organization.
A certified Organisation may appeal to SON any decision to suspend or withdraw certification. Appeals are subject to the appeals procedure of SON. In any of these cases, SON has the right to withdraw the certificate by informing the Certificate holder in writing. SON may publish at its discretion details of all suspended, cancelled or withdrawn certificates without prior notice as it sees fit. In cases of withdrawal there is no reimbursement of assessment charges paid.
CANCELLATION OF CERTIFICATE
A certificate will be cancelled if the certificate holder advises SON MSC in writing that it does not wish to renew the Certificate, no longer exists or no longer offers the product, process or service. In case of cancellation no reimbursement of assessment fees shall be made by SON MSC.