SON-MSC, THE PREFERED CERTIFICATION BODY
- SON-MSC is established in the market place and undoubtedly the most recognized brand in Nigeria
- SON-MSC has been in the business of certification since mid 1990s with the goal of getting and keeping our clients abreast of international technology and managerial practices.
- SON-MSC ensures that her certification processes are performed in line with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021 standards (for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems) with strict confidentiality and in an impartial manner.
- SON-MSC execute all her certification activities in line with applicable international accreditation Standards, thereby ensuring that the integrity of the certification is maintained at all times through a stringent performance tracking function.
- SON-MSC has an auditor/lead auditor database of over three hundred covering major fields and located in all the 36 states of Nigeria and the Federal Capital territory
SON-MSC monitors and ensures that personnel (management, administrative personnel, auditors, technical experts and observers) used in certification activities are competent using its auditor’s evaluation and management unit.
- Certification includes first-party audits by company’s own personnel and a third-party audit by our auditors. The first-party audits are performed internally by trained persons in your organization in accordance with established standards and documentation. The third-party audit involves independent reviews and certification by us. Second-party audits, which are performed by the customer at the supplier’s location, can be easily eliminated if the supplier is certified by us.
- Certification ensures that organization’s take time to understand what their quality processes are, that these processes are implemented and followed by everyone in the organization, and are documented and maintained so they can be demonstrated to an outside agency.
- ISO does not grant certification; these are given by specific organization’s. No Certification claim is legally valid unless backed up by a certificate from a recognized certifier like SON MSC Certification.
- Our auditors are subject to stringent rules (as set out in standard ISO/IEC 17021 and ISO/IEC TS on auditing quality systems) in order to assess their qualifications and practical workplace experience. Assessing teams are furthermore required to include persons specialized in the specific industry or service being assessed.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
By using a proven management system you’re able to continually renew your mission, strategies, operations and service levels.
The best businesses work as complete units with a shared vision. This may encompass information sharing, bench marking, team working and working to the highest quality and environmental principles.
A management system helps your organization to achieve these goals through a number of strategies, including process optimization, management focus and disciplined management thinking.
The benefits of Implementing an effective management system enables Organizations to:
- Manage your social, environmental and financial risks
- Improve operational effectiveness
- Reduce costs
- Increase customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Protect your brand and reputation
- Achieve continual improvement
- Promote innovation
- Remove barriers to trade
Director (MSC) oversees certification activities on behalf of SON Management.
MSC Directorate operates in two broad departments namely:
- Monitoring and evaluation: responsible for quality of service and auditors competence. (QA & AEM)
- Client Services: handles interaction with Clients in two broad groups (QMS & Other Standards). Clients are scheduled in any of the six divisions below as appropriate:
- QMS Group:
- Oil & Gas
- Other Standards Group:
- Food, Medicament and related products (QMS & FSMS)
- Environmental Management System (EMS & QMS)
- Multisystem and Integrated System (OHSAS & IMS)
- QMS Group: