WHAT ARE OUR SERVICES
- SON MSC provides management systems certification to industry, utilizing the SON brand name. We offer certification schemes that address the organization’s system. We have been specializing in certification since mid 1990s with the goal of getting and keeping our clients on the forefront of international technology and managerial practices.
- The MSC brand name is established in the market place and is undoubtedly one of the most recognizable brands in Nigeria. Synonymous with quality, reliability and dependability. Assessment by an independent third party is by no means compulsory, although such an assessment will carry more weight from the customer’s point of view than a mere announcement on the part of the supplier that he conforms to the standard. An assessment may also be legally imposed or required by contract.
- Certification includes first-party audits by company’s own personnel and a third-party audit by our auditors. The first-party audits are performed internally by trained persons in your organization in accordance with established standards and documentation. The third-party audit involves independent reviews and certification by us. Second-party audits, which are performed by the customer at the supplier’s location, can be easily eliminated if the supplier is certified by us.
- Certification ensures that organization’s take time to understand what their quality processes are, that these processes are implemented and followed by everyone in the organization, and are documented and maintained so they can be demonstrated to an outside agency.
- ISO does not grant certification; these are given by specific organization’s. No Certification claim is legally valid unless backed up by a certificate from a recognized certifier like SON MSC Certification.
- Our auditors are subject to stringent rules (as set out in standard ISO/IEC 17021 and ISO/IEC TS on auditing quality systems) in order to assess their qualifications and practical workplace experience. Assessing teams are furthermore required to include persons specialized in the specific industry or service being assessed.
TYPES OF CERTIFICATIONS
SON MSC offers certification services in the following;
- NIS/ISO 22000 Food Safety management systems provide a framework for effectively managing the safety of food supply chain, from “farm to dining table.” The international standard for food safety management brings together generally recognized food safety practices and is suitable for any organization along the entire food chain, including related organizations such as manufacturers and producers of food equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
- NIS/ISO 9001 A quality management system defines and establishes an organization’s quality policy, objectives and procedures. Quality management system standards do not provide specific quality indicators or describe ways of achieving them, since these will be different in every situation. Instead, they provide generic frameworks and general principles that can be applied to any organization, of any size, in any industry.
- NIS/ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems provide a framework for managing an organization’s occupational health and safety responsibilities, which enable organizations to:
- Improve health and safety performance
- Reduce or prevent injuries, illnesses and fatalities
- SON MSC also offers certification to an integrated management system comprising of the Quality, Environmental, Food Safety or Occupational Health and Safety management in any combination the organization may desire.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
By using a proven management system you’re able to continually renew your mission, strategies, operations and service levels.
The best businesses work as complete units with a shared vision. This may encompass information sharing, bench marking, team working and working to the highest quality and environmental principles.
A management system helps your organization to achieve these goals through a number of strategies, including process optimization, management focus and disciplined management thinking.
The benefits of Implementing an effective management system enables Organizations to:
- Manage your social, environmental and financial risks
- Improve operational effectiveness
- Reduce costs
- Increase customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Protect your brand and reputation
- Achieve continual improvement
- Promote innovation
- Remove barriers to trade
Bring clarity to the marketplace
For details of how to gain certification see links below:
SON MSC Documents
|1||SON MSC Basic Steps in Certification||Download|
|2||SON MSC Route To Achieving Certification||Download|
|3||SON MSC Terms and Conditions of Certification||Download|
|4||SON MSC Use Of Certification Logo||Download|
|5||SON MSC Complaint Form||Download|
|6||SON MSC Updated Enquiry-Application Form||Download|
|7||SON-MSC ISO 9001 Transition Policy||Download|
|8||SON MSC Impartiality Policy Statement||Download|